Thursday 7 February 2013

Day 6 - Apps I'd Like To See

Now that I have progressed slightly beyond pigeon post and have bought myself an android something-or-other phone, here are some of the apps that I'd like to see on my phone. Some of them may already exist, and perhaps I, in my infinite ignorance of all things mobile-related, probably have not heard of it. If that is the case, please enlighten me, and perhaps not on Google Plus or Whats App, neither of which I use.

So here goes my list of Must-Have Apps, Nice-To-Have Apps, and Wish-Upon-A-Lonely-Star Apps:

Must-Have Apps:

1.      An emergency call button that does the following:
a.          Activates GPS and the Internet automatically
b.         Makes a call to the nearest police stations complete with GPS info
c.          Posts an SOS message on all social networks possible again with GPS check in

This would reduce complete dependence on strangers and the police in case of an emergency and allow friends to take action.

2.      A block feature in our phones like we do with messenger requests so that we can block tele-stalkers and tele-marketers alike.

Nice-To-Have Apps:

1.      An alarm that will surprise me by playing my favorite radio station - everyone on TV seems to wake up to it, but I can't seem to find it on my phone.
2.      A birthday registry app for those endless birthday parties that you have to attend if you have kids. Parents, please sign up for all the birthday gifts that you would like to see your little darlings receive till age 5, princess, geek, cowboy, winnie-the-pooh, outer space, garbage segregation, whatever theme you like.

Wish-Upon-A-Lonely-Star App:

E-wedding receptions: Oh people of the world who insist on tying the knot in some obscure part of the city - please go ahead and tie that knot and tie it tightly by all means- but do me a favour, invite your immediate flesh and blood to the actual smoke- and food-filled event and let us outer-circle members attend an e-reception. Our avatars can air kiss each other and exchange polite pleasantries and hand over e-vouchers to your avatars.

You don’t have to stand up there for hours smiling brightly at strangers and we don’t get our lungs filled with the smog of Bangalore's roads! Talk about win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment